Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 6: Titusville

Friday was spent gathering odds and ends. We borrowed my Aunt's Suburban and hit Walmart and Kinko's so Nate could replace the cards he's handing out. I grabbed another pair of light cotton shorts (I'm not sure what I was thinking bringing mostly jeans) and a couple of freeze dried meals to replace what we ate camping on Thursday.

My Aunt has really hooked us up. We have beds, a shower and great company. She has even set us up with passes to the Kennedy Space Center. I know she's family, but her generosity has blown me and Nate away.

Friday we went out for dinner with my Aunt Pat, my cousin Trisha and her son Corry, and daughters Taylor and Jasmine, to a restaurant called Dixie Crossroads. They are famous around here for their rock shrimp. I ate sooooo much and most of the awesome Key Lime pie. We hung out afterwards and showed off pictures of the family.
We hit the sack early in preparation to get up at 3:00AM to get out the KSC to see the launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment